You are here: Home
- The Koloa Heritage Trail , or Ka Ala Hele Waiwai Hooilina o Koloa , is a 10-mile tour of the Koloa and Poipu area’s most important cultural, historical and geological sites, with fourteen descriptive plaques along the way that explain each spot’s significance, including some of the history of Hanaka’ape Bay.
- Malama Maha`ulepu – A nonprofit group dedicated to preserving and protecting private land with archeological significance from development – about 4-5 km from Hanaka’ape.
- National Botanical Gardens – The National Tropical Botanical Garden (NTBG) is a not-for-profit institution, dedicated to discovering, saving, and studying the world’s tropical plants and to sharing what is learned. The McBryde and Allerton Garden section of the NTBG is approximately 2 km from Hanaka’ape Bay.
- Guidelines for viewing monk seals on Kauai
- Archive – Interesting site that promotes conservation of wildlife through the powere of wildlife imagery.
- Conservation International
- Earth, Sea and Sky- Information on wildlife and natural habitat management, Sea Turtle rescue, Monk Seal research and volunteer projects in the Greek Ionian. They provide the only Wildlife Information Centre in Zakynthos, at Gerakas Beach. It is estimated that they have 40,000 visitors to their centre each summer, from all over the world.(watch their entertaining/ educational video on our Turtle Info page .
- Earthwatch -Involving communities in sea turtle conservation.
- Green Turtle – Wikipedia
- Green Turtle – National Geographic
- GROWLS (Gabriola Rescue of Wildlife Society) – GROWLS is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of injured or orphaned wildlife and the protection of wildlife habitat on Gabriola Island, BC, Canada
- iNaturalistInteractive website where you can record what you see in nature, meet other nature lovers, and learn about the natural world.
- Marine Mammal & Sea Turtle Viewing Code of Conduct – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Organization
- Marine Turtles – World Wildlife Fund
- Nature Conservancy Canada
- Nature Conservany- one of the largest, wealthiest, and most powerful international nature conservancies as measured by membership and area protected.
- Sea Turtle Conservancy - a conservation organization based in Florida, dedicated to turtle conservation.
- SEE Turtles (part of SEEtheWILD) – a non-profit eco-tourism project. Volunteer opportunities around the world, as well as useful identification information. Sponsored by The Ocean Foundation.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, one of the oldest conservation societies dedicated to save wildlife and wild places across the globe, based in New York, US.